Wednesday, February 17, 2010

{YOU ROCK! Birthday Card}

Funny story: when I was 17, I had a good friend, a guy friend, who had a younger brother. This younger brother was about 14 when I met him. Anyways, here we are all these years later and this younger brother, the 14 year old, is now my daughter's High School English Teacher! No kidding! Anyways, my daughter loves him. She says he is the best teacher and the funnest she has this year. He just celebrated his birthday and she wanted to make him a card. I dug and dug and found this Rock Star paper and got out my Indie Art Cartridge and designed this.





The guitar is layered with black textured cardstock and brushed nickel papers. The "You Rock!" is a stamp and so is the border on the inside. I cut additional stars from the paper and popped them up for additional elements.
I've never really made a card like this but I LOVED it! So fun and none of the rules of traditional more proper cards. This one inspired the post above!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...