Monday, May 12, 2008

Cake Decor



When I was 12 years old, a friend of my mom's taught me how to decorate cakes. I loved it and for years and years would always make our cakes. Well, since most of my time is wrapped up in my family and paper piecing, there hasn't been much time for frosting lately.

This past weekend would have been my dad's 56th birthday. He passed away almost 4 years ago from Esophageal Cancer. Still, every year we bake him a cake for his birthday. This year, we bought a cake from Cold Stone and I used my Cricut to cut images that resembled my parent's home and their lives in Missouri at the time of his passing. The trees, the barn, dad's tractor, their ducks and two dogs, a black lab named Wya and a "Schnitzel" named Budnick. My girls, my nephews and niece and loved it! I thought it was a cute and different way to decorate a cake and I was really pleased with the way it turned out.

With over 30 Cricut cartridges, I'd say I am back in the cake decorating business!
°Ü°

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...