Thursday, May 1, 2008

Easter: April's Scrapbook Class Pages

Tonight is scrapbook class #4 and we are going to be working on our April pages with an Easter theme. I really and truly loved the way these turned out. I was really hesitant with these pages because the paper was so adorable, I didn't want to mess them up with a bad layout!

I decided to add Easter paper piecings. I felt they would be a nice touch without over powering the photos and at the same time complimenting the paper design. I made a lamb, a chick peeper and a bunny. The pattern for the lamb came from my Tear Bear book which came from Teddy*Treasures. The bunny and chick came from the talented Lisa at Paper Piecings by Lisa, and as always, the paper and ink came from Majestic Memories.

The spread features 5 photo mats and a journaling tag that features the phrase: "Bunnies & Baskets" and slips behind one of the photos mats. I added lots of little flowers to add to the pages scenery and add some dimension to the pages. I just love how it looks like an out door scene, this is a great spread for Easter egg hunt pictures!

Anyways, the pictures say it better than I can:


The entire spread:
The left side of the spread

4x6 Quadruple photo mat

4x4 photo mat with chick peeper

Close-up of the chick. I realized when I was done that she looks a little sad, but endearing.

The little lamb

Bottom half of the page

Title

Right side of the spread

3.5x4 twin photo mats with flower and eyelet accents

A close-up


Journaling tag slips down behind this 4x4 photo mat

Beautiful scenery in the pages.

Mr. Bunny

So, the kits are cut and ready to go! A special thanks to my friend and life saver, Marchelle, for helping me hours on end last night get them all put together! It is going to be a fun class and I am looking forward to seeing everyone's little critters when they are done.
COPYRIGHT CJL 2008

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...