Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mother's Day: May's Scrapbook Class Pages

Man, it feels to good to get this spread done 2 weeks ahead of time! If you are having a sense of Dejavu, it is because you have seen this layout before. I did these pages a couple of months ago and sold them on Ebay. I REALLY liked them and regretted selling them when I was packaging them for shipping. Then, the light bulb went on and I knew I wanted similar pages for our scrapbook class albums for Mother's Day.
I have to admit, I was bias and put a lot of my personality into the colors of these pages. When I went into the scrapbook store, I had a completely different color scheme in mind and then I saw these new papers from Basic Grey, only one of my favorite companies, and thought, "This is them!" I love that they are kinda funky and chic and yet look at little 50's-60's to me and were perfect for "mom" pages.

I inked everything, of course. I tell you what I really miss on these pages is some stitching, but there is no way I can sew 13 spreads worth and keep my sanity, so the inking is the next best thing and ties all the colors together and gives it a cohesive look. There is a bit of difference from my original pages, though, I got a new Cricut cartridge, Home Accents, and used the vines instead of the flourish from the original set. I like the green so much better and I love how the littlest of flowers add that delicate touch. I, originally, drug out a bunch of brads for the centers of the flowers but after looking at it for a few it just seemed so "blah" to me and then I remembered that I had used gems on the first pages and pulled them out. I took all of the flowers off and replaced the brads with gem stones. There are 18 of them and they add just the touch I was going for! Unlike most of my designs, this one does not have a journaling tag, instead I used a frame which came from the Accents cartridge. I love this frame! I used the center cut-outs to frame in the quote. I also only used a little bit of ribbon this time. I wanted a dainty touch, something that won't over power the photos, because lets face it, there is A LOT going on other wise! °Ü°

The great news, that I am sure everyone will love, is that IT IS ALL CUT FOR YOU! My Cricut did all of the work for us this month. I know the last class was a bit brutal because NOTHING was pre-cut but I want you guys to know that I am so proud of you! Your pages turned out so great and I hope that when you look at them you will be proud of you, too. You should! YOU created a true paper piecing page! Everything on there was crafted by you and I want to thank you for no groans and no complaints! (You guys trust me way too much!) I have so much fun with this class, thanks for having me! Oh, I almost forgot, your kit will have the dark brown ink, please bring your green ink pad from March's class, you will need that for the green vines.

So, the class will be Thursday, May 22th at 6:30 pm. Early birds by 6:29 pm. The last two have been good ones, this month will be, too! Here are the pages:

Hope you guys like them. °Ü°

DESIGNED BY CJL

COPYRIGHT 2008

2 comments:

Sara said...

A friend of mine just sent me your blog, and I have to say this is the cutest layout I've seen! I absolutely love it! Great work!

The Avid Scrapper said...

Sara,

Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words on my work! Of all of my pages, this one is definitely one of my favorites!

Also thanks to your friend for sending you my way.

Happy Scrappin' to you both! °Ü°

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...