You know how the paper fibers come off on the mattes when you peel the paper away? Well, those little fibers make the mat less sticky and less productive. Don't throw away your mat just yet! This has worked wonders for me. Just try it with one of your old mats, one you are ready to throw out, and see what you think.
- Run your mat under hot water. Yes, rinse the mat with hot water until the fibers are gone.
- Shake the mat off, and very lightly go over it with a microfiber towel. Don't scrub or even brush up again the tack, just lightly wipe away the access water.
- Lay it out to dry.
- When it is completely dry gently touch it and see if it is still sticky. You may surprised that it is more sticky than when you started! That was the case with a couple of mine.
- IF, there is no stick left, spray the mat with repositionable glue spray. I got mine at Michael's in the strencil area.
- TA-DA! Your mat is ready to go again and again!
So there you have it, prolong the life of each mat and save that money for more scrapbook sales! Well, what are you waiting for? Go on and make some noise with that Cricut! °Ü°