Saturday, September 25, 2010

{Halloween Coffin Treat Boxes}

Looking for a quick and easy Halloween gift? This is it! Such a cute little treat. °Ü°












I wasn't feeling very well today and so I spent most of the day in bed. :( After dinner, I still wasn't feeling my best, but I couldn't go back to sleep, so I pulled a chair up to the Cricut desk and grabbed the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I thumbed through the booklet and came to the page with these adorable coffin boxes on it. After debating, I finally decided to give them a go. I got out some black card stock and scrap Halloween papers and started cutting. I started small, with the Witman Sampler boxes in mind, and cut each one at 7". Once I got the shells put together I cut the decorative scraps that I had. I added ribbon and cut some embellishments and before I knew it, I had two very cute little candy boxes ready to go! I am really excited about these. My daughters want to make some for friends, family and teachers. Now that I know what I am doing and have all of the dimensions down, it should be easy to create tons more. If you have the Happy Hauntings cart, you've got to try these! You will ♥ them and so will everyone you give one to!

The fnished box was almost 5" long and almost 3" wide. I filled them with candy kisses and was able to get quite a few in there. Just make sure you are cutting with thick card stock. The candy does add lots of weight and anything thin will not hold up.

Happy Scrappin' to ya! °Ü°

6 comments:

D'On Marx said...

How cute! I want that cartridge now. I just saw it for the first time last night. The coffins are just adorable.

The Avid Scrapper said...

Thanks, D'On! I got mine about 6 weeks ago and it hasn't left my Jukebox since! I have cut SO much with it. Cant wait to get the rest of it up. I am just so happy they have such a great Halloween cart! I also highly recommend the October 31 solutions cart. I've cut tons with it, too.

Carrie Bouchard said...

Glad to see you're back! Love the boxes. Such a cute idea! I usually make treat bags for my husband's students every Halloween, and now I'm wondering how quickly I could make 100 of these... !

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh these are so cute!! I love the idea, and they are so festive! Wonderful idea.

The Avid Scrapper said...

Carrie, go for it! If you can get someone to help with scoring and gluing, it will go fast!

Amanda, they really are fun. Thanks for stopping in and dropping me a line! I love hearing from you all!

Elegante Family said...

I love these, I just borrowed this cart from my friend to do a page, I may have to cut a few of these out while I have it. I am not going to want to give it back. Very Cute!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...