Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Thank You Cards

When I taught my scrapbook class this month, I decided to teach attaching metal embellishments and distressing with ink. I wanted the project to be small so that it wouldn't be overwhelming for those new to scrapbooking, so we made this card. Now, I have to be honest, I totally procrastinated this class. We were meeting at my house at 7 pm and I designed this card at 3:30 that afternoon. I used to say that I always did work best under pressure and I guess it is true because I thought it came out pretty cute and the girls absolutely loved it! They had a lot of fun making it and a few loved using the hammer and eyelet setter... something about it being a stress reliever! Ü
Everything on the card is distressed with chestnut brown ColorBox fluid chalk ink pad. (I LOVE this ink! It is the only brand I buy for distressing) I used Marcella by K Bungalow coordinating paper. 2 tags cut with my Cricut, one for the "Thank You" on the front and one for signing your name. ( I thought that was a little different, but cute and worked) One square cut for personalizing your note, 6 inches of ribbon, 3 brads, 5 eyelets and 2 jump rings for attaching the tag to the ribbon. That's all there was to it. Of course, cutting the papers to fit but that was really simple.
I really loved they way they turned out and plan to make lots more for sending after Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...